· 20+ yrs. of total IT experience including but not limited to front-end developer, QA tester & trainer
· Expert knowledge of W3C standards, best practices & emerging technologies for creating web content
· Experienced in using Adobe LiveCycle & Adobe Acrobat Pro to create accessible PDF forms
· Experienced in implementing on-page Search Engine Optimization techniques to increase a website’s search engine ranking results
· Familiar with the use of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) & Content Management Systems (CMS) to deliver content for dynamic web sites
Public Trust Clearance
International Association of Accessibility Professionals (IAAP)
Employer: Chickasaw Nation Industries Lanham, MD
Project: IRS – IRAP 508 Program Office
Provides Support to Internal Revenue Service by performing accessibility testing, evaluation of procurement requisitions, advising & training Jr analysts & testers on accessibility best practices, while also assisting developers & venders implement solutions to overcome accessibility barriers in Information & Communication Technology (ICT) products.
· Serves as a source of expertise concerning Section 508 testing, training, & remediation
· Stays current on the Section 508 Refresh to provide guidance on the impact of pending changes to the standards
· Analyzes system engineering documentation to identify accessibility considerations
· Prepares test scenarios & test plans to ensure compliance is met
· Creates test reports to communicate test results to technical leads & stake holders
· Conducts independent verification & validation of project teams test results
· Performs 508 testing via automated & manual testing methods
· Conducts wireframe & mock up reviews to identify accessibility barriers in product designs
· Prepares & submits 508 package to management as directed by Section 508 Program Office
· Works developers to implement solutions to accessibility barriers
Employer: Loch Harbour Group Alexandria, VA
Project: DHS – OCC Remediation & BOSS 2 Compliance
Provides support to the Department of Homeland Security, Science & Technology division by testing & remediating MS Office & PDF document types to conform to Section 508 standards.
· Serves as the remediation team’s lead remediation specialist providing expertise on Section 508 standards
· Serves as a go to resource for remediating high priority documents
· Assesses level of effort to complete remediation efforts
· Performs Section 508 evaluation, remediation, & certification for various document types
· Assists new team members in getting up to speed in the DHS testing process
· Documents the remediation team’s processes & best practices
Employer: CRB IT Consultants Glen Burnie, MD
Provides support for various clients in different facets of Information Technology.
· Meets with clients to discuss requirements for various IT projects including web development, search engine optimization (SEO), as well as accessibility testing, training, & remediation for various forms of ICT
· Analyzes costs, timelines & level of effort needed to complete projects
· Creates SOWs & contracts detailing project timeline, milestones & deliverables
· Manages subcontractors & acts as liaison between contractors & clients
· Provides training on a variety of internet technologies including web development, SEO, web accessibility, Social Media, & W3C best practices
· Tests & provides recommendations to resolve accessibility barriers in Information & Communication Technology
Employer: Aquilent Laurel, MD
Project: 09/2013 to 07/2015 CMS – Federal Facilitated Exchanges (FFE) healthcare.gov
As a User Experience Consultant, working for Aquilent I provided support to the Centers for Medicare& Medicaid Services as both a Web Accessibility SME & Application Tester. My responsibilities included performing accessibility, functional, integration testing for medicare.gov, healthcare.gov & cuidadodesalud.gov as well as document remediation. As the sole accessibility subject matter expert for the project I was the go to resource for all matters related to accessibility. This included but was not limited to maintaining the VPAT, training new staff members, curating the project backlogs, managing the automated accessibility reports using the Accenture Digital Diagnostics Engine (ADDE) & ensured all 3 websites maintained an above average score on the CMS 508 Compliance Leaderboard.
Employer: Business Integra Baltimore, MD
Project: Well Doc Inc - AT&T Diabetes Manager Look & feel
As a UI/UX developer, working for Business Integra I provided support to Well Doc Inc. by updating the look & feel of Well Doc’s proprietary web application Diabetes Manager for use by AT&T. My responsibilities included understanding the base template of Diabetes Manager, updating the look & feel for new customers, providing feedback on how to enhance the intuitiveness of WellDoc’s corporate website, as well as maintaining company email lists & newsletters.
Employer: Vision Technologies/Lockheed Martin Woodlawn, MD
Project: SSA - Forms migration
As an HTML developer, working for Vision Technologies I provided support to Lochheed Martin by migrating Adobe Acrobat forms to HTML forms for the Social Security Administration. I was tasked with recreating table based HTML forms into a tableless layout using HTML & CSS. Initially, accessibility was not considered for this effort but through my advocacy efforts I convinced the project lead to include accessibility as an added value service. I routinely conducted reviews of my peers’ work to ensure conformance to Section 508, SSA’s best practices & business specifications.
Employer: RMCI Herndon, VA
Project: OPM – Web team
As a Web developer working for Research Management Consultants Inc., I provided support to the Office of Personnel Management by planning & hand-coding content for a large-scale public facing Federal website in a .Net environment using HTML & CSS at the direction of interagency program offices. This included setting up folder structures, converting graphic templates into HTML based webpages & ensuring all content was Section 508 compliant. During my time at OPM, I led the efforts for remediating Adobe PDF documents (fillable and static) to conform to Section 508. I became the team’s point of contact for all matters related to Section 508 & trained new team members on the web team’s best practices in creating web content. I was also a part of a small pilot team testing the practicality of program offices using Percussion’s Rythmyx to update the agency’s intranet site.
Employer: Information Experts Reston, VA
Project: E-learning content build out
Employer: Cipher Systems Arnold, MD
Project: E-learning content build out
Accredited Web design & Development Certification
Adobe / Macromedia Acrobat Training
Acrobat Section 508 Accessibility
Acrobat - LiveCycle Designer
A+ Course (PC Repair & Installation)
I-Net+ Course (Internet & networking essentials)
High School Diploma
NVDA, Window Eyes, JAWS, VoiceOver, Talkback, Dragon Naturally Speaking, Zoom Text, Web Trends, Visual SourceSafe, Adobe Dreamweaver, HomeSite+, Notepad++, TextPad, DTsearch, Paintshop Pro, Google Analytics, Animation Shop, Fontographer, Adobe LiveCycle, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe Photoshop, various versions of MSOffice Suite(including Access), Lotus Notes, HTML Transit, JIRA, CommonLook, SVN, Mail Chimp, Dot Net Nuke content management system, Master Control, Inspect Objects, WAT, Various Firefox & Chrome plugins for testing, accessibility & SEO.